our services

GROUP or PRIVATE SPANISH LESSONS in JÁVEA, SPAIN.

WRITTEN SPANISH-ENGLISH & ENGLISH-SPANISH TRANSLATION SERVICE anywhere in the world!
fully legal invoices

¡la profesora!

¡la profesora!

I couldn't have done this 10 months ago - a message from Kevin

I had an e-mail this morning from a student, Kevin, & he has agreed that I can share it - thanks Kevin. I never feel like I'm wasting my time - & stories like this make it even more worthwhile!

 Good morning to you. I have just got back to sunny Spain.

We went to the Mercadona yesterday to stock up ( as you do ) and my wife's purse was stolen from her as we waited at the checkout !



What made it worse she had already felt uneasy about this guy standing behind us.......however, before she realised her purse had been lifted ,he had flown the nest !

The reason I'm boring you with this tale is because as you know you have to report it to the police.

What you probably also know is that very few, if any policemen speak english ( there are signs everywhere telling you that if you do not speak Spanish, then bring an interpreter with you)

Well the policeman that I dealt with at the the desk was in that category ! . However, with the little Spanish I know I was able to convey to him exactly what had happened and he recorded all the information, giving us the necessary documentation at the end.
 
I am still wondering how we achieved that ! .......but one thing I am convinced of is that I would not been of been able to do that some 10 months ago.

 
So although you must feel sometimes that you are wasting your time on people like me......let me assure you that you are definitely not !

Thanks very much,

Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive



ballenas en Jávea


el mar hierve en El Hierro



paella valenciana


shark!!


horchata amb fartons


floods 2007

floods 2007





bous a la mar

bous a la mar

super luna 2011

super luna 2011


the church in the port

the church in the port

great coffee & ensaimadas ..and so much more!

arroz negro - yummy!

arroz negro - yummy!